Many have always been exploring and testing various ways to boost your credit scores in order to get better deals on loans or even save money. Some of these techniques have proven themselves quite useful while others not so much. In order for you to start utilizing some of the more useful 12-best-credit-score-memes/ methods however, it’s best that you get a better understanding of your credit scores’ financial significance, this way you’ll have a better idea of the numbers that you would be aiming for.
Once you have passed the first hurdle, it’s time to move on to some of the best methods you can use to boost your credit score without depending on credit repair.
1. Delete negative items on your credit report: With a keen eye for detail and a well written dispute letter, you’ll be able to successfully remove inaccurate records from your credit report thereby improving your score. Check your report for any that you might find questionable and write a letter asking credit reporting companies to verify.
2. Pay on time: Delinquent payments can create quite a huge negative impact on your score. Of course, you’ve probably already read this advice from plenty of other articles scattered around the internet and the reason for that is quite simple – it’s one of the most effective methods there is, and it is an advice worth repeating. The longer you pay your bills on time the better off your score will be.
3. No new credit: If you want t get the best credit score; you must learn to practice vigilance. This means that unless it is absolutely necessary, never apply for new credit because every time you do, an inquiry gets registered on your report and the more inquiries you have, the lower your score will go.
4. Manage your credit cards responsibly: Showing that you can manage credit cards and installment loans responsibly can mean a higher credit score. So keep 1-2 cards around and always pay them on time along with your loans.
5. Keep the balance low: Maxing out the balance on your credit card can drop your average score as much as 70 points, so always remember to keep them low.